"The principle on which this country was founded and by which it has always been governed is that Americanism is a matter of mind and heart; Americanism is not, and never was, a matter of race or ancestry."
- President Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Upon signing the Executive Order that created the 442nd Regimental Combat Team, February 1943. The only all Japanese unit during World War II.
- 2015 Presidential Proclamation- Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- 2015 Tri-signed Letter: Asian/Pacific-American Heritage Month
- STAND-TO!: 2015 Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
- Army.mil: Medal of Honor
- CMH: Asian/Pacific-Americans in the U.S. Army
- U.S. Department of Defense: Asian- American Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- 100th Infantry Battalion Veterans
- Asian-Pacific American Servicewomen in Defense of a Nation
- Go For Broke: National Education Center
- Harry S. Truman Libraryand Museum: War Relocation Authority
- Japanese-American member of Merrill's Marauders dies at 100
- Smithsonian: A More Perfect Union - Japanese Americans & The U.S. Constitution
- The Library of Congress: Asian Pacific Americans: Going for Broke