LIVE EVENT: SMA Chandler to discuss Army Suicide Stand Down
September 26, 2012
By U.S. Army
- Live stream of bloggers/media roundtable
- 1-800-273-TALK (8255): National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Suicide prevention tools, resources
- STAND-TO!: National Suicide Prevention Month
- Sgt. Maj. of the Army Raymond F. Chandler III
- Sgt. Maj. of the Army Raymond F. Chandler III on Facebook
- Sgt. Maj. of the Army Raymond F. Chandler III on Twitter
- Army Suicide Prevention
- Army Suicide Prevention Program
- Military Crisis Line
WASHINGTON (Sept. 26, 2012) --- Today at 12:30 p.m., Sgt. Maj. of the Army Raymond F. Chandler III will participate in a bloggers/media roundtable to discuss the Suicide Stand Down and how the Army is working to reduce and eliminate stigma associated with seeking help for suicidal ideations and actions.
Listen to the conversation LIVE here: http://www.dvidshub.net/webcast/2645
September is recognized nationally and by the Army as Suicide Prevention Month. The theme for this year's observance is "A Healthy Force is a Ready Force." The Army Suicide Prevention Program focuses on minimizing suicidal behavior by training Soldiers, leaders, Department of the Army civilians and family members to recognize signs of suicidal behavior, intervention strategies and how to refer individuals for care.
During the Army Suicide Prevention Month, agencies and organizations throughout the Army are executing appropriate educational activities to observe Suicide Prevention Month. In addition, public service announcements with senior leaders messaging have been disseminated throughout the Army to support Army leaders.
Learn more about what the Army is doing to prevent suicides and to find additional resources, visit http://www.armyg1.army.mil/hr/suicide/default.asp.