AMC 50th Anniversary
August 28, 2012
- Part 1:Army Materiel Command grows mission with needs of nation, the overview
- Part 2: Army Materiel Command History,1960s
- Part 3: AMC birthed from 'sweeping reorganization' to outfit today's soldiers
- Part 4: AMC in the Seventies: a decade of celebration, change
- Part 5: John Savelli: Doing things BY-THE-BOOK
- Part 6: AMC-developed weapons remain vital to Army
- Part 7: Challenge of change memorable for AMC employee
- Part 8: AMC responds to Hurricane Andrew devastation
- Part 9: AMC in the 1990s, leading the Way in Audio Visual Technology
- Part 10: AMC provides for troops, employees and beyond
- Part 11: A personal perspective on supporting war
- Part 12:
REDSTONE ARSENAL, Ala. -- The U.S. Army Materiel Command kicked-off its 50th anniversary celebration Aug. 1, but the celebration continued through the end of October by highlighting AMC's history.
The 11 part series focused on historical articles from each decade and personal perspective features. The full series is linked.
Army Materiel Command is the Army's premier provider of materiel readiness -- technology, acquisition support, materiel development, logistics power projection, and sustainment -- to the total force, across the spectrum of joint military operations. If a Soldier shoots it, drives it, flies it, wears it, communicates with it or eats it, AMC provides it.