Army Chief Scientist, VACANT
May 8, 2012
What we do:
Provide independent technical advice to Army Senior Leadership and serve as an "Honest Broker" on competing matters associated with science and technology of relevance to the Army Our Focus:
• Enhance the understanding of relevant technology trends and assist in articulating implications for the future Army.
• Identify and analyze technical issues affecting the Army and convey relevant alternatives to Senior Army Leaders, as appropriate.
• Promote technological innovation through cross-discipline collaboration, and Research and Development coupling between government, industry, and academic organizations.
• Provide guidance and liaison to independent study groups such as the Army Science Board, the National Academies Board on Army Science and Technology, and RAND.
• Represent the Army Technical Community in Department of Defense, Interagency, International and other forums, as appropriate.