Deputy Assistant Secretary for Research and Technology, Ms. Mary Miller
May 8, 2012
Provide technology enabling capabilities that empower, unburden and protect our Soldiers and Warfighters in an environment of persistent conflict.
Foster invention, innovation, maturation and demonstration of technologies to enable future force capabilities while exploiting opportunities to transition technology enabled capabilities to the current force.
Deliver these technologies through effective partnerships in synchronization with Army Force Generation and fiscal processes.
Our Strategy for Success
• Understand Army current and future Warfighter capability needs.
• Identify opportunities to leverage emerging science and technology to address needs.
• Selectively invest to develop, adapt, mature, and demonstrate technologies to provide solutions to capability needs.
• Collaborate and leverage with other Services, agencies, international partners, academia, and the private sector to achieve efficiencies.
• Partner with Program Executive Office program managers and rapid acquisition agents to accelerate technology transition.
• Inform and provide technology readiness guidance to acquisition programs to help reduce program risk.
• Sustain an in-house, high quality workforce of scientists and engineers and a sound laboratory infrastructure.
• Communicate the vision and strategy to decision-makers, stakeholders, and our partners so they understand our value.