Deputy Assistant Secretary for Procurement, Mr. Kim D. Denver
May 8, 2012
Army Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement
Army Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement Summary of Changes
- AFARS Supplement and summary of changes, revision #25
The DASA(P) Mission and Vision Statements:
World-class leaders that develop and oversee policies, programs and people,
enabling the acquisition of goods and services for the Soldier.
To be the recognized expert for influencing and implementing innovative
acquisition solutions while providing superior service to the field.
What we do:
Deliver excellence in procurement and services acquisition by developing and overseeing policies, programs, and people enabling the acquisition of goods and services for the Soldier.
• Lead activities to provide Army-wide contracting oversight, establish and influence procurement policy, and develop business solutions to enhance procurement across the Army contracting enterprise
• Influence Army and DoD leaders on contracting and acquisition issues for worldwide missions, to include domestic/overseas contingency and expeditionary operations
• Lead, direct , and oversee the development and sustainment of a world-class civilian and military contracting workforce across the Army contracting enterprise
• Develop innovative and flexible policies and methods in compliance with regulations to acquire weapon systems, supplies, and services to support our Warfighters
• Develop and govern policy, planning, execution and management of services acquisitions
• Capture, assess, disseminate, and implement best practices, lessons learned, and cost efficiencies to optimize procurements and services acquisitions across Army Commands, Army Service Component Commands, and DRUs