Professional Development for Logisticians
April 20, 2012
By HQDA, G-4
Have you been looking for some professional development opportunities to improve your knowledge base? Here are a few upcoming events that focus on both the Army and DoD logistics communities with some highly noted speakers.
1) The AUSA Sustainment Symposium hosted by the Association of the United States Army.
May 8-10, in Richmond, Virginia
The theme is "Army Logistics: Sustaining the Decisive Force -- 2020."
- LTG William T. Grisoli, Director, Business Transformation Office, Under Secretary of the Army
- LTG Kathleen Gainey, Deputy Commander, US Transportation Command
- MG James Hodge, Commanding General, US Army Combined Arms Support Command/Sustainment Center of Excellence
- BG John O'Connor, Deputy Chief of Staff, G-4, US Army Forces Command
- BG Brian Layer, Deputy Commanding General, US Army Sustainment Command
- BG David Clarkson, Deputy Commanding General, 1st Theater Sustainment Command
See the complete agenda and register to attend at www.ausa.org.
2) The Defense Logistics and Materiel Readiness Summit hosted by the Defense Strategies Institute.
May 22-23, Alexandria, Virginia
The theme is "Maintaining Support for Continued Global Operations."
- Honorable Frank Kendall, Acting Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics
- Sue Dryden, SES, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Materiel Readiness
- John Johns, SES, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Maintenance Policy and Programs
- Gary Motsek, SES, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Program Support
- VADM Keith Lippert, USN (Ret), Chief Strategy Officer, Accenture National Security Services
- Dr. Steven Butler, SES, Executive Director, Air Force Materiel Command
- RADM Kathleen Dussault, USN, Director of Logistics Programs and Corporate Operations, OPNAV N41
- MajGen Charles Hudson, USMC, Commanding General, Marine Corps Logistics Command
See the complete agenda and register to attend at http://logisticsandreadiness.dsigroup.org/.
3) IDGA 8th Annual Military Logistics Summit hosted by the Institute for Defense and Government Advancement.
June 25-27, Washington DC
The theme is "Lean Management of Logistics: Warfighter Support and Stewardship Excellence.
- Vice Admiral John T. Blake, Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Integration of Capabilities & Resources
- Heidi Shyu, SES, Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisitions Logistics and Technology
- Major General Wendy M. Masiello, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Contracting, Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition
- Redding Hobby, SES, Deputy Director of Logistics Operations, Defense Logistics Agency
- Gail Jorgenson, SES, Director of Acquisitions, U.S. Transportation Command
- Rear Admiral Patricia E. Wolfe, Director -- Joint Reserve Force, Defense Logistics Agency
See the complete agenda and register to attend at http://www.militarylogisticssummit.com.