Camp Humphreys, Area III recognized for CFC performance
April 4, 2012
- United States Army Garrison Humphreys on Facebook
- United States Army Garrison Humphreys on Flickr
- United States Army Garrison Humphreys on Twitter
- @ROKreport: Korea news summary
- Morning Calm newspaper archive
- United States Army Garrison Humphreys on YouTube
- United States Army Garrison Humphreys website
CAMP HUMPHREYS -- United States Army Garrison Humphreys and Area III have been recognized with the Special Merit Award for the Pacific Region for its outstanding performance in the 2011 Combined Federal Campaign.
David Satterfield, the Area III Combined Federal Campaign coordinator, called the award "the result of a tremendous amount of work. Many units attained 100 percent contact across the board."
The Humphreys and Area III communities raised more than $307,000 for charity during the campaign. There were 38 units recognized for their performance.
"For something of this magnitude, in this day and age, is a tremendous outpouring of generosity and hard work," Satterfield said. "Everybody put their utmost effort into making this a reality."
Particularly noteworthy was the performance of the 6th Battalion, 52nd Air Defense Artillery.
All its batteries attained platinum status, given when a unit achieves an average contribution of $200 per potential contributor and/or 85 percent participation.
"This is the first time I've ever seen an element of that size go 100 percent contact," Satterfield said.
The battalion raised $59,000.