Help wanted: NETCOM looking for summer hires
April 2, 2012
Looking for something new to do with your summer? Try working for U.S. Army Network Technology Command.
NETCOM is currently accepting applications from high school and college students for its summer hire program through April 6. The summer hire program is a 10-week paid internship that allows participants to work in such areas as clerical, information technology, automation, human resources, and budgeting, according to Isabel Bayardo, a NETCOM human resources specialist.
Applicants will be aligned as much as possible with their area of study, according to Bayardo, and will be paid based on their qualifications. Pay ranges from $9.74 - $13.41 per hour.
This allows students "to get a practical knowledge of their area of study," said Bayardo. Students will work from June 6 through Aug. 10.
Another advantage of the program is that those selected will get a chance to experience the civilian-military dynamic, said Holly Connors, a NETCOM human resources specialist.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to apply for a position:
• Enrolled or currently accepted for enrollment at a qualifying institution (i.e., high schools, vocational/technical schools, colleges and universities)
• Taking at least a half-time course load in an accredited school
• In good academic standing
• At least 16 years of age
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, are required to complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service registration prior to appointment. Failure to comply may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment, or dismissal after appointment.
The application packets must include the following items:
• School transcripts (college students only)
• Written documentation from the school, college, or university stating you are enrolled at least half time in the spring and intend to be enrolled at least half-time in the fall
• If you are a veteran, a copy of your military discharge (DD-214) and if applicable, a SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans Preference with the supporting documentation identified on the form if you have active duty military service
Completed packets should be mailed to NETCOM ACofS G-1, ATTN: Holly Connors, 2133 Cushing Street, Bldg. 61801, STE 2501, Fort Huachuca, AZ 85613-7070; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or Isabel.email@example.com. Completed packets must be received or postmarked by the closing date of the announcement.