Fort Stewart Civilians earn GCAOE honors
February 16, 2012
FORT STEWART, Ga. - Vernacular like "excellence" and "outstanding" does not give justice to the superior service Fort Stewart Civilians exhibit while executing the Army's mission. The Garrison Commander's Award of Excellence Employee of the Year Luncheon honors Civilians who exemplified such service. With many guests in attendance, the GCAOE ceremony took place at Club Stewart, Feb. 13.
"I want to thank each of you for your support of these quarterly award winners by being here today," Tom Allmon, narrator of the ceremony and director of Human Resources, said. "It is a great honor for our employees to be nominated for this prestigious award by their peers and supervisors."
The winners were reviewed by an awards panel consisting of an Equal Employment Office observer, a Civilian Personnel Advisory Center representative, a Non-Appropriated Fund supervisor and an employee, a Wage Grade supervisor and an employee, and a General Schedule Supervisor and an employee.
The winners date back to the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2010, when the awards program commenced. The quarterly award winners competing for the annual distinction already earned a $500 cash award, an Achievement Medal for Civilian Service, and a 24 Hour Time Off Award for their accomplishments.
Category one winners:
• Wanda Parker, DHR, 4th QTR FY10 winner
• Beverly Carradine-Gilmore, DHR, 1st QTR FY11 winner
• Jose Fuentes, DPTMS, 2nd QTR FY11 winner
• Maritza Garcia, DFMWR, 3rd QTR FY11 winner
• John Wise, DPTMS, 4th QTR FY11 winner
Parker was selected as the FY11 Category one award winner. She received a $1,000 cash award, the Commander's Award for Civilian Service and a 40-Hour Time Off Award.
Category two winners:
• Robin Ellert, DHR, 4th QTR FY10 winner
• John Macey, DPW, 1st QTR FY11 winner
• Wilfredo Mercado, DPTMS, 2nd QTR FY11 winner
• Richard Dufresne, DPTMS, 3rd QTR FY11 winner
• Veronica Frazier, DPW, 4th QTR FY11 winner
Macey was selected as the FY11 Category two award winner. He also received a $1,000 cash award, the Commander's Award for Civilian Service and a 40-Hour Time Off Award.
Category three winners:
• Dorothea Mobley, DES, 4th QTR FY10 winner
• Guy Shifflett, DPTMS, 1st QTR FY11 winner
• Leroy Malphrus, DPTMS, 2nd QTR FY11 winner
• Anthony Rubine, DPW, 3rd QTR FY11 winner
• Edward Foerstel, DPTMS, 4th QTR FY11 winner
Mobley was selected as the FY11 Category three award winner. She too received a $1,000 cash award, the Commander's Award for Civilian Service and a 40-Hour Time Off Award.
"This program allows a peer to nominate [a particular] individual to highlight to everyone what a great job [these individuals] are doing every day on behalf of the garrison and, really, on behalf of the customers who they support," Col. Kevin Milton said, Fort Stewart-Hunter Army Airfield garrison commander. "This is a fantastic program; I am very excited about it. We have a bunch of great folks."