Picatinny "Sound Off" Video Vignette - Engineer describes the M24E1 gun mount
December 15, 2011
- Soldiers wanted a machine gun mount that held more rounds and collected spent links and rounds.
- The earlier gun mount was fixed in the passageway, forcing Soldiers to climb over or slide under the arm, thereby slowing them down.
- Despite the new mount that swung open, experienced Soldiers by habit kept swinging under the mount.
- ARTICLE: Picatinny engineers deliver safer, more lethal gun mounts to helicopter crews
- ARTICLE: Picatinny designated DoD's joint center for guns and ammunition
- VIDEO: Picatinny designated DoD's joint center for guns and ammunition
- Picatinny Arsenal Website
- Armament Research Development and Engineering Center Website
- Picatinny on Facebook