SDDC recognizes eight traffic managers for excellence
September 16, 2011
SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE, Ill., (Sept. 16, 2010) -- Eight traffic managers were recognized Wednesday by Military Surface Deployment and Distribution Command for outstanding service in traffic management.
Maj. Gen. Kevin A. Leonard, commanding general of SDDC, presented Excellence in Traffic Management Awards at a luncheon during National Defense Transportation Association's 65th Annual Forum and Exposition in Phoenix, Ariz.
The awardees included representatives from each uniformed service, the U.S. Coast Guard, Defense Logistics Agency, Army/Air Force Exchange Service and the Defense Contract Management Agency.
The awardees were honored for a wide-range of transportation duties, including support for resupply missions, coordination and leadership, deployment readiness operations and logistics support to name a few.
Recipients of this year's Excellence in Traffic Management Award include:
- Sgt. 1st Class Chad Parkening, U.S. Army, noncommissioned officer of the Analysis and Integration Division at Headquarters Combined Arms Support Command, Fort Lee, Va.
- Robert Cordero-Morales, U.S. Navy, transportation officer for Fleet and Industrial Supply Center, Sigonella-Rota, Spain
- Gunnery Sgt. Dwight Hilton, U.S. Marine Corps, staff noncommissioned officer for Supply School Distribution Management Section, Marine Corps Combat Service Support School, Camp Lejune, N.C.
- Senior Master Sgt. Charles Nimmo, U.S. Air Force, superintendent of distribution for 27th Special Operations Logistics Readiness Squadron, Cannon Air Force Base, N.M.
- YN3 Jillian Oliveira, transportation supervisor for U.S. Coast Guard Personnel Services and Support Unit, Ketchikan, Alaska
- Helene Tunney, logistics systems analyst and project manager for Subsistence Supply Chain from Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Donna Jones, logistics assistant for Army and Air Force Exchange Service Dan Daniel Distribution Center, Newport News, Va.
- Audrey Kucway, transportation management specialist for Defense Contract management Agency Transportation North Central Team, Detroit, Mich.
The Excellence in Traffic Management Awards are presented each year by SDDC to exceptional traffic managers, both civilians and enlisted military personnel, that best represent the command's core competencies as global surface transportation experts.