Construction Zone: Ongoing construction and renovations on Fort Meade
July 7, 2011
* Rockenbach Road, north of MacArthur Middle School, for construction to install active vehicle barriers
Vehicle traffic will be reduced to one southbound and one northbound lane in and around the construction area. Construction will last until mid- to late July.
* Intermittent lane closures on Cooper Avenue, from 5th Corps Boulevard to Rockenbach Road, until July 15
* Intermittent lane closures/flaggers/shoulder work on Mapes Road from MacArthur Road to Bianci Avenue, Monday to Sept. 16
* Intermittent lane closures at the intersection of Leonard Wood Avenue and Rock Avenue, ongoing
* Defense Media Activity parking lot, Monday to Aug. 17
* 1250, 1251, 1252 Annapolis Road (Army Reserve Center), Monday to Aug. 26
* Reece Road, from Route 175 to Jacobs Road, until Aug. 17
* Ernie Pyle Street, from 14th Street to Reece Road, ongoing
* MacArthur Road, from Ernie Pyle Street to Clark Road, ongoing
* 20th Street (Sarah's House), ongoing
Remember to slow down in construction zones and follow posted detour signs. Running and walking in or near construction sites is prohibited.
Construction work dates are subject to change.