National Guard news has an app for that
April 8, 2011
- Army.mil Mobile Application
- Army.mil: National Guard News
- STAND-TO!: Connecting Soldiers to Digital Applications
- National Guard News Mobile App
- Smartphones for all 'makes sense in long run'
- Soldiers test smart phones in field exercise
- 'Digital rodeo' helps Army look at smart-phone apps
- Yongsan Garrison unveils smart phone technology bridging paper, web
ARLINGTON, Va., April 6, 2011 -- The National Guard Bureau has unveiled a new application which enables iPhone and iPad users to stay in touch with National Guard news anytime via their mobile devices.
The National Guard News Mobile App - available for free download at www.ng.mil - keeps readers connected with up-to-the-minute updates and enables the National Guard's 22,000 Facebook fans and 12,000 Twitter followers to share their favorite stories with their friends on popular social media platforms.
Mobile device users also can now view "Minuteman Report" video packages showcasing National Guard operations around the world.
This was the next logical step for news, National Guard Bureau officials said today.
"With so many people getting their news from their mobile devices, an app made perfect sense," said Rick Breitenfeldt, chief of social media for the National Guard Bureau's Office of Public Affairs and Strategic Communications.
National Guard Bureau officials said that they are looking at developing similar applications for the Android and Blackberry operating systems later this year.