Anonymous Online Mental Health Screening - April 2011
April 5, 2011
- April is Alcohol Awareness month
- EAP is offering free, anonymous screenings for alcohol, depression, anxiety and other common mental health conditions
ROCK ISLAND ARSENAL, Rock Island, Ill. - Alcohol plays a regular role in many aspects of society. From a happy hour beer with coworkers to champagne celebrations with family, drinking can be a very common part of life. But because it is so common, it is often difficult to recognize when alcohol becomes a problem. If you find yourself drinking to feel good, or to keep from feeling bad, it might be time to take a closer look.
April is Alcohol Awareness month and is the perfect time to assess your alcohol dependence and the ways it might be affecting you at both work and home. The Rock Island Arsenal Employee Assistance Program is offering free, anonymous screenings for alcohol, depression, anxiety and other common mental health conditions. The screenings are available at:
www.mentalhealthscreening.org/screening enter keyword ASAP.
If your drinking is causing problems in your life, you have a drinking problem.
The following are signs to watch for:
- Feel guilty or ashamed about your drinking.
- Lie to others or hide your drinking habits.
- Have friends or family members who are worried about your drinking.
- Need to drink in order to relax or feel better.
- "Black out" or forget what you did while you were drinking.
- Regularly drink more than you intended to.
If you think you have a problem, the Rock Island Arsenal EAP is here to help. Log on today.