Federal Benefits open season
Presidio of Monterey employees discuss insurance plans during the 2009 Federal Employees Health Benefits open season at the Weckerling Center here Nov. 13. Open season runs through Dec. 14. Three separate programs will participate in the 2010 Open Season: Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB); Federal Employees Dental Vision Program (FEDVIP); and Federal Flexible Spending Account Program (FSAFEDS).

PRESIDIO OF MONTEREY, Calif. - The Federal Benefits Program open season for 2010 runs government-wide through Dec. 14.

Three separate programs will participate in the 2010 open season: FEHB, FEDVIP, and FSAFEDS. For online information, visit:
The FSAFEDS brochure has been updated at https://www.fsafeds.com/forms/OPM-FSA-OVTF-10-031.pdf.
2010 FEHB rates are at www.opm.gov/insure/health/rates/index.asp.
2010 FEDVIP rates are at www.opm.gov/insure/index.aspx (under Dental and Vision, click on "Premiums").

The Benefits Administration Letter No. 09-405 announced significant plan changes. For example, there are plans leaving the program, new plans being added and plan mergers. This information can be found at www.opm.gov/retire/pubs/bals/bal09.asp#404.

Information on what each FEHB plan and option covers is detailed in OPM's FEHB plan comparison tool and individual brochures, which are available at www.opm.gov/insure/health. Once a person accesses the Web site, click on "Plan Information" and "California" to receive detailed information about each health plan.

It is very important to ensure that you make an educated decision on health insurance. There is only one opportunity each year to switch a health plan. Each person should make sure the plan elected covers all of the medical needs for that next year.

How do you enroll or change your enrollment'

Once you have decided which health insurance you want, you will need to make the election or change via the Army Benefits Center, known as ABC, at www.abc.army.mil, or call ABC toll-free at 1-877-276-9287 to enroll or make changes to your enrollment telephonically.

Employees should be aware the Civilian Personnel Advisory Center cannot process the hardcopy form SF-2809 Health Benefits Enrollment Form. The only ways to make an enrollment or change in enrollment for health benefits is via the ABC Web site or telephonically.

For specifics on coverage for individual health plans, contact the health benefits carrier directly.
For any other information, contact Carole Lewis, customer service representative, at (831) 242-5714, or Haley Ferguson, human resources technician, at (831) 242-5160.

Page last updated Fri July 22nd, 2011 at 12:16