<li><a href="http://states.ng.mil/sites/ri/Pages/Default.aspx">Visit the Rhode Island National Guard</a></li>
<li><a href="http://myarmybenefits.us.army.mil/Home/Benefit_Library/State__Territory_Benefits/Rhode_Island.html">State Benefits</a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.myarmyonesource.com/CommunitiesandMarketplace/CommunitySupport/Northeastern/NewEngland/default.aspx">Army OneSource Community Support Coordinator, your source for local information, news, and valuable resources</a></li>

<h3 class="dark">State and Community Programs and Services</h3>
<h4>Rhode Island Military Family Relief Fund</h4>
<p>The Rhode Island Military Family Relief Fund provides need-based and casualty based grants to Rhode Island National Guard members or members of the U.S. Armed Forces Reserve component located in Rhode Island. For more information contact your chain of command.<p>

<h4>Rhode Island National Guard Youth/Teen Camp</h4>
<p>The RI National Guard Youth/Teen Camp provides a unique opportunity for RI National Guard youths and teens to attend a summer camp that fosters a sense of well-being while forming friendships with fellow National Guard children/teens of different ages and backgrounds. For more information visit <a href="http://states.ng.mil/sites/RI/familyprograms/default.aspx">www.states.ng.mil/sites/RI/familyprograms.</a></p>

<h4>Builders Helping Heroes</h4>
<p>Builders Helping Heroes is a group of Rhode Island Builders Association (RIBA) members who donate time, energy and resources to provide construction assistance to the families of military personnel injured or killed in armed conflict since September 11, 2001. For more information call (401) 438-7400, email info@ribuilders.org, or visit <a href="http://ribuilders.org/builders-helping-heroes/">www.ribuilders.org.</a></p>

<h4>Military Spouse Residency Relief Act</h4>
<p>On November 11, 2009, the President signed into law the Military Spouse Residency Relief Act. This Act, among other things, provides that when a service member leaves his or her home State in accord with military or naval orders, the service member's spouse may retain residency in his or her home State for voting and tax purposes, after relocating from that State to accompany the service member. In the State of Rhode Island an exemption from Rhode Island withholding tax may be claimed if an employee's spouse is a member of the US Armed Services and their state of legal residence is not Rhode Island. For more information visit <a href="http://www.tax.ri.gov">www.tax.ri.gov.</a></p>

Page last updated Fri July 22nd, 2011 at 12:16