Army releases request for proposal for solar project at Redstone Arsenal
July 29, 2014
- Army.mil: Energy News
- STAND-TO!: Army Energy Initiatives Task Force
- U.S. Army Energy Initiatives Task Force
- PDF list of MATOC awardees
- U.S. Army Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville
- STAND-TO!: Energy Initiatives
- Learn more about the Power Purchase Agreement Program
- STAND-TO!: Army Power and Energy: Power through Partnering
- Huntsville Center Energy Division
- Huntsville Center on Facebook
- STAND-TO!: Basing Power (Installations)
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (July 29, 2014) -- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville today released a request for proposals for the first solar technology task order to be awarded against the $7 billion renewable and alternative energy power production for Department of Defense installations multiple award task order contract.
The pre-qualified pool of 49 solar technology companies will be eligible to submit a proposal for on-site solar renewable electricity at Redstone Arsenal here. In coordination with the U.S. Army Energy Initiatives Task Force, the Engineering and Support Center, Huntsville, is managing this renewable energy generation opportunity.
The Redstone Arsenal project is a 25-year Power Purchase Agreement, whereby the Army offers to procure annually up to 18,000 megawatt-hours of on-site solar-generated renewable electricity. The target Notice of Intent to Award date is January 2015, with an anticipated commercial operations date before Dec. 31, 2016.
Planning for an Aug. 20 pre-proposal conference at Redstone Arsenal is underway. The conference, open to the pre-qualified solar technology companies in the Multiple Award Task Order Contracts pool, will provide attendees a better understanding of the project's general procurement process, specific evaluation considerations and a project site tour.