Student Volunteer Service (Internship) Employment Opportunity
June 2, 2014
By ATEC Release
ATEC is offering a Student Volunteer Service (SVS) Internship for the summer of 2014 that provides unpaid academic study-related work assignments that allow students to explore career options in addition to developing personal and professional skills.
The internship offers many advantages, including career exploration early in a student's academic studies, exposure to the federal government and the legal field, academic credit for the work performed (this is determined by the academic institution), and work experience that may be considered relevant if the student later applies for permanent employment.
• Prepare memoranda, correspondence, and reports in primary support of assignments and activities of the legal office, such as investigations, Test for Industry contracts, and ethics opinions.
• Research facts, information, and basic legal principles. Critically examine documents for accuracy and quality.
• Provide assistance in preparing for a wide range of administrative activities for the Office of Chief Counsel.
• Assist in coordinating training and track attendance.
• Compile, organize, and classify documents to be used for litigation.
• Arrange conferences, meetings, and other appointments.
Steps to Becoming an SVS Intern
To be considered you must:
• Be a U.S. Citizen
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a 2 or 4 year college or university that is accredited by a recognized accrediting body
• Obtain academic approval to participate as a SVS intern
• Possess a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.95 or better on a 4.0 scale
Applicants must be able to pass a background investigation conducted by ATEC.
Students are expected to work a minimum of 10 hours per work and not more than one summer session.
How to Apply
To apply to our SVS internships during the open period of June 2-9, please submit the following:
1. Cover Letter
3. Unofficial College Transcript (Official transcripts will be needed if selected for position)
Submit your documentation to Ms. Brewer at firstname.lastname@example.org.