DOD releases 2013 Annual Report on sexual assault
May 1, 2014
- Army.mil: Sexual Harassment/Assault Prevention and Response Program
- Safe Helpline: (877) 995-5247
- Army.mil: Inside the Army News
- STAND-TO!: National Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month - April 2014 tri-signed letter (PDF)
- DOD Sexual Assualt Prevention and Response news, information
- 2013 Department of Defense Annual Report on Sexual Assault in the Military
WASHINGTON ( May 1, 2014) -- Today, the Department of Defense issued new initiatives designed to continue its efforts to eliminate sexual assault in the military, directed implementation of an updated sexual assault prevention strategy and released its annual report on sexual assault in the military for fiscal year 2013.
The department's response to sexual assault is fundamentally different than it was two years ago. Since May 2013, Secretary Hagel has directed more than 28 initiatives to enhance commander accountability, ensure the appropriate command climate, improve victim support, and enhance safety.
The new initiatives are available at: http://sapr.mil/index.php/news
The updated prevention strategy is available at: http://sapr.mil/index.php/news
The full report is available at http://sapr.mil/index.php/annual-reports
The fact sheet is available at: http://sapr.mil/index.php/news
Victims are encouraged to contact the Safe Helpline at 877-995-5247 or visit http://www.safehelpline.org/ for confidential and anonymous crisis intervention services.
For specific information, contact the Army at 703-614-5302, the Navy at 703-697-5342, the Marine Corps at 703-614-4309 and the Air Force at 703-695-0640.