Welcome to USAG-Humphreys, to request a sponsor please contact Staff Sgt. Tantiongco at:

Welcome to the United States Army Garrison Humphreys and congratulations on what will be an exciting and fulfilling assignment. Over the next few years our installation will become the largest U.S. Army installation in the Republic of Korea and you will surely enjoy the benefits of our growth.

As part of that growth, we recently opened three new gyms, one with an indoor swimming pool, many new barracks, a new dining facility, and a middle school. Those facilities complement other great places, like our outdoor aquatics park, mini-golf course, library, guest lodge, and education center.

With all the construction associated with our expansion you will experience occasional inconveniences, but one thing will remain constant as we grow: our garrison staff anticipates your arrival with a willingness to serve your needs.

USAG-Humphreys offers a variety of programs and services to ease the transition to your new home, whether you will be living in the barracks, family housing, or in an apartment in the local community. Most of our married Service Members live off post in privately-owned apartments.

Voice over IP (VoIP) - Voice over IP telephones are available and are in use throughout Korea. You can choose to establish an account with an authorized Korean VoIP provider. Note: As of June 21, 2007, Service Members are prohibited from bringing Vonage VoIP services into the Republic of Korea, as Vonage is not a registered VoIP provider in Korea

Your school-aged children will attend school on post in one of our newly constructed DoDEA campuses. If you bring your family (Command Sponsored) our housing office will provide you with furniture and appliances in either your on post or off post apartment. Our Army Community Service (ACS) program not only provides Korean Head Start classes and weekly newcomers orientations, but also offers a lending closet to temporarily provide you with essential items for your new home.

Family Members receive much of their medical and dental care in host nation facilities on the economy upon referral from the Humphreys Clinics. The military hospital at Yongsan, in Seoul, also provides services as do the dental clinics at Yongsan. However, Yongsan is a two-hour trip, one way, by bus. Veterinary services are provided by the Osan Air Base Veterinary Clinic, about 40 minutes from Humphreys.

Among the many activities you will undertake as you prepare for your move, I ask that you pay particular attention to these six:

Service Members with dependents: If you would like to bring your family to Korea you may be able to because of a recent change in policy that increased the number of command sponsorship opportunities substantially. Visit your local Military Personnel Division (MPD) Office or S1 to apply for command sponsorship before you depart. Communicate with your sponsor as well to help you make an informed decision. Applying well in advance will help ensure your desires are known to us. Along with that application, you will need to submit a completed Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) screening for overseas travel, so we can determine if we can meet the needs of your family.

Service Members with dependents: If you plan to bring your family with you, they will need government-issued passports for entry into Korea. As a Service Member, your orders provide your authorization for entry and exit. Again, speak with your local MPD office to obtain the proper application. Your Family Members will also need Visas issued by Korea for the duration of their stay. You should apply for the Visas when you apply for the passport.

All Service Members: Complete the United States Forces Korea (USFK) online training before leaving your current duty station.

All Service Members: Update your immunizations before your departure.

All Spouses: Employment opportunities are extremely limited for spouses who accompany their Soldier; however, we regularly seek new employees in our Child Development Center and Child, Youth and School Services.

All Spouses: Spouses who wish to maintain a home-based business must comply with the Status of Forces Agreement. Additionally, home-based business owners are prohibited from using overseas military post offices for business shipments, so you should be prepared to use Federal Express on post or the Korean postal system as necessary.

Once again, welcome to the USAG Humphreys family. I look forward to meeting you and wish you a rewarding tour with us in the "Land of the Morning Calm."?


To coordinate free child care, the first step is to register your children at Parent Central, building 570. Please call DSN telephone 753-3413 or from a cell phone, dial 031-690-3413.

The second step is to call the Child Development Center, DSN telephone 753-7619 or from cell phone, dial 031-690-7619, to make a reservation for the 0730-1700 hours time frame on the date you plan to attend the Newcomers' Orientation program.

At the end of the Newcomers' Orientation at the Humphreys Community Fitness Center, parents can pick up their free child care coupons from the ACS Relocation Program staff member on site at the Newcomers' Orientation.

Parents will then give the free coupons to the Child Development Center when they pick up their children no later than 1700 hours.

For additional information, please call Army Community Service Relocation Readiness Program Manager, 753-8318/8401.

Page last updated Wed October 8th, 2014 at 02:50