AMC Hosts Small Business Industry Outreach Event
January 31, 2014
REDSTONE ARSENAL, Ala. -- Registration is now open for the Feb. 18 Team Redstone Small Business Industry Outreach hosted by the U.S. Army Materiel Command. Opening ceremonies begin at 10 a.m. at the Summit. A networking event begins at 4:30 p.m. at the Overlook.
The daylong event will provide information on government programs and opportunities, and will include representatives from Department of Defense, Department of the Army, Team Redstone representatives, contracting, and program management, many of whom will be available for one-on-one discussions during the networking portion of the event.
AMC Commander Gen. Dennis L. Via will provide the keynote address at 1 p.m.
Leadership panels including representatives from throughout Team Redstone are also on the agenda. Participating agencies include AMC, U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command, U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command, U.S. army Corps of Engineers, Defense Logistics Agency, NASA and the Missile Defense Agency.
The purpose of this event is to:
• Forge partnerships with large and small businesses
• Identify federal contracting opportunities with the federal government
• Provide an opportunity for government leaders to communicate and educate industry on the process of doing business with the government
• Grow AMC's Organic Industrial Base
• Showcase Team Redstone small business programs
• Identify businesses in the marketplace capable of performing the government's mission increasing the government's ability to perform market research
"This is a great way for businesses to come face-to-face with key leaders and get a better understanding of matching their capabilities to our needs," said Nancy D. Small, director of the Office of Small Business Programs at AMC.
There is no cost associated with this event. Lunch and snacks are available for purchase. Space is limited and registration is required. Sign up on the following website: https://www.redstonemwr.com/conferences/sb/. For additional information, please call 256-450-8206.