Town Hall Meeting
December 31, 2013
Town Hall Meeting
The next Humphreys Garrison Community Town Hall Meeting is at the Community Activity Center, July 21, 2015, starting at 6 p.m.
Town Hall Issues and Answers are available below. The Town Hall Meeting is a quarterly forum open for Solders, Civilians and Families who live, work, serve, train and play at Humphreys Garrison. The USAG-Humphreys Commander and directorate chiefs are ready to listen to your concerns and address any questions about the installation. Everyone is encouraged to attend and voice their opinions to the Commander and his staff. Send comments and questions to email@example.com
Question & Answer Session from the April 2015 Town Hall Meeting.
65th MED BDE
1. ISSUE: A question came in on Facebook reference routine medical care.
RESPONSE: Question was answered online, per DGC.
POC: Mr. Mackenzie
2. ISSUE: Is it possible to have a carwash rack or an area on post to wash cars or even a contracted carwash on post?
RESPONSE: Due to the relocation of the Auto Services, they have not been able to have another area designated to wash vehicles. It requires a particular way to process the water and oil from the wash. Right now there is only a wash rack for military government vehicles and due to the cost of the equipment and set up needed, there is not anything currently in progress for this. They have been trying to get something set up for this but the problem is they don't have any vendors that want to give an offer. Even the FRG groups must obtain a waiver to have a fundraiser card wash on post. There are a couple of good carwashes off-post. If you go out the main gate and keep straight, it is down the main street on the right. In addition to that, if you turn right out of the main gate and go down to the gas station on the left, they have an automatic car wash that costs about 6,000 Won. It is a long way off but there will be a new Auto Care Center in 2016.
POC: Dennis Polaski
3. ISSUE: A citizen in the audience asked about the possibility of creating a visitor parking area on G Avenue. There is a problem with personnel parking on the curb and it causes quite a few problems and is an inconvenience.
RESPONSE: They are fully aware of the need for something to be done in that area for parking, so it seems feasible to label some areas for parking.
POC: Dennis Polaski
4. ISSUE: A citizen in the audience asked if it is possible to create an area at the One Stop for parking a Moped. It was noticed that there is a severe parking problem at that location due to the fact it is a high traffic area for personnel conducting business. There are several lined painted areas that are not being used, and they could more than likely designate them as an area for Mopeds or Motorcycles.
RESPONSE: We are aware of the parking issue at the one stop and there are not many areas that can be modified to create more spaces. We will take a look at it and see if something can be done.
POC: COL Conkright/Dennis Polaski
5. ISSUE: A question came in from an individual in the audience about a concern with the parking lot at Zoeckler gym being utilized to conduct physical readiness training in the morning. It is not the small parking lot, but the large parking lot being used. There is a lot of traffic going in and out and around that area in the morning, and not sure why someone would want to use it there anyway. They believe it is a safety hazard.
POC: William Hansel
5. ISSUE: A question came from an individual in the audience reference the large amount of new buildings being constructed on post and the suggestion to put signs up labeled "Coming Soon", and listing what the building is going to be. With all of the construction going on and trying to give directions to personnel, this would definitely help identify buildings and areas. It would also let others know in general what the new building is.
RESPONSE: Yes, that sounds like a great idea.
POC: Dennis Polaski
6. ISSUE: A question came in from the audience, SGT Peckman with the 3-2 GSAB about a severe problem with personnel utilizing the dog park in the old housing area. There is way too much negligence when it comes to personnel cleaning up after the pets. They paid a lot of money to bring their pets here and to have to put up with this continuous problem is not acceptable. There is a substantial amount of fecal matter everywhere and people are not policing up after themselves. This is a health hazard and also not safe or sanitary when there are children around in the area. He has asked dog owners on several occasions to please pick up after their pets and they do not do it. He even placed grocery bags tied down in that area for people to use and they still don't use them. He has gone several times to the building manager and nothing seems to change. He has also gone to housing, but housing said that they need proof. He stated that he is already encountered problems with saying this and he was a Soldier and did not have the time or means to document by taking pictures. He mentioned they have cameras at the building so if it was monitored they would be able to see who is not cleaning up the mess.
RESPONSE: Several people commented on this and they are aware of the problem. The stated that the cameras would take a full time person to monitor and that is not feasible to have the Military Police do that when they are busy doing other MP duties. There is not any way they could budget and get a position for someone to monitor the cameras and asked for solutions from the Soldier and audience. They stated the Soldier and other residents should snap pictures and put in in as a complaint on ICE but to be sure they leave their name and contact information. If the comment comes in as anonymous they do not have the ability to respond and complete the necessary action. The best thing to do is take pictures and give the names of those personnel not complying with policing-up after their pets to the housing management office for further investigation.
POC: Beth Wilson
5. ISSUE: A question came from an individual in the audience asking if there were going to be any swimming lessons for children this summer at the water park.
RESPONSE: It is unsure at this time if there will be swimming lessons for children, but they will check on this and get the answer back.
POC: Don Claycomb