Korean War 'Heroes Remembered' at Twilight Tattoo
July 25, 2013
- Army.mil: Korean War
- Army.mil: North America News
- Korean War Medal of Honor Recipients
- Twilight Tattoo Schedule
- 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard)
- 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) on Facebook
- The U.S. Army Drill Team
- The U.S. Army Band "Pershing's Own"
- The U.S. Army Band "Pershing's Own" on Facebook
- Joint Force Headquarters National Capital Region/U.S. Army Military District of Washington
- Joint Force Headquarters National Capital Region
- U.S. Army Military District of Washington
- Army honors service, sacrifice of Korean War veterans
- Armistice anniversary marks milestone for alliance
JOINT BASE MYER-HENDERSON HALL, Va. -- Veterans of the Korean War, including two Medal of Honor recipients, were honored during the U.S. Army Military District of Washington's Twilight Tattoo at Joint Base Myer - Henderson Hall's Whipple Field, July 24, 2013.
Medal of Honor recipients Corporal Rodolfo "Rudy" Hernandez and Sergeant 1st Class (retired) Ron Rosser along with other Korean War Veterans, watched the hour-long military pageant featuring Soldiers from the 3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) and The U.S. Army Band "Pershing's Own."
The high-energy show's theme 'Heroes Remembered' commemorated the 60th Anniversary of the signing of the Korean War Armistice, and was hosted by the Under Secretary of the Army Joseph W. Westphal.
Hernandez received the Medal of Honor for his actions while stationed with G Company, 187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team near Wontong-ne, Korea, May 31, 1951, and Rosser received the Medal of Honor for his actions while stationed with a Heavy Mortar Company, 38th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division, in the vicinity of Ponggilli, Korea, Jan. 12, 1952.
Twilight Tattoo provides audiences a glimpse into American history through unique performances by The U.S. Army Blues, vocalists from The U.S. Army Band Downrange, The Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps, and The U.S. Army Drill Team.
FREE TO THE PUBLIC
All Twilight Tattoo performances are free and open to the public. Due to budget constraints there will be no bleachers for Twilight Tattoo shows this year. Grass seating is available and its recommended guests bring a blanket or lawn chairs. For more information on group reservations, contact MDW Public Affairs at (202) 685-2888.
TWILIGHT TATTOO 2013 SCHEDULE
Twilight Tattoo performances begin at 7 p.m. Pre-ceremony pageantry begins at 6:45 p.m. Performances will be located at Whipple Field on Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall. Field locations may vary, please check the http://twilight.mdw.army.mil/home website prior to attending a specific date.
* Tentative schedule for planning purposes only. Dates are subject to change. *
Wednesday -- July 31
Wednesday -- Aug. 7, 14, 21, 28