Odierno visits India, focuses on future opportunities
July 25, 2013
- Army.mil: All-points tour with Army senior leaders
- SLIDESHOW: Odierno visits India
- Army.mil: Asia and Pacific News
- Chief of Staff of the Army Gen. Ray Odierno
- Chief of Staff of the Army Gen. Ray Odierno blog
- Chief of Staff of the Army Gen. Ray Odierno on Facebook
- Chief of Staff of the Army Gen. Ray Odierno on Twitter
- Chief of Staff of the Army Gen. Ray Odierno on Google+
NEW DELHI (July 25, 2013) -- Army Chief of Staff Gen. Ray Odierno traveled to New Delhi this week, where he visited with his Indian counterpart, Gen. Bikram Singh, chief of army staff.
The United States and Indian Armies have enjoyed a long-standing partnership over the years, operating alongside one another in training exercises and military exchanges.
During the visit, the generals discussed future opportunities between the two armies to further strengthen the relationship. Odierno also met with other senior leaders, spoke at the Indian National Defense College, and met with Soldiers of the Indian Army.
"It's important to work with other militaries, building relationships with one other, developing trust and understanding," said Odierno. "It was an honor for me to visit with General Singh and his staff. Sharing lessons learned and having a dialogue with other militaries concerning their operations and training is an important part of our mil-to-mil relationships."
Visits with military counterparts are conducted regularly by the chief of staff, both in Washington, D.C., and in host countries around the world. These counterpart visits are critical in sustaining military partnerships, as well as strengthening engagements opportunities.