Cherry trees bloom on the Fort Lesley J. McNair portion of Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall April 9. Fort McNair still has several of the original cherry trees given to the citizens of the United States by the people of Japan in 1912. Among the thousands of trees planted in the National Capital Region, 20 of the original trees were planted at Fort Lesley J. McNair. For more photographs visit www.flickr.com/photos/jbm-hh.

Page last updated Fri April 12th, 2013 at 09:34